INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE:
- Clean and dry wound or area if necessary.
- Apply a smooth uniform coating of Nuvaderm directly on the affected area.
- Allow Nuvaderm to dry completely before applying pads or clothing.
- Re-apply Nuvaderm as necessary.
INDICATIONS FOR USE:
To cover intact skin or minor cuts, scrapes, burns and irritations of the skin, to help keep them clean and dry and help protect them from infection.
A NEW CHOICE TO HELP PROTECT FROM INFECTION
Nuvaderm Liquid Bandage has antimicrobial properties and helps protect wounds from infection. Laboratory tests demonstrate that it delivers a high kill rate on fungi, yeasts, and all types of bacteria, including MRSA, within 30 seconds of contact [see table below]. The product dries to form a flexible, breathable, protective film. Available in sterile and non-sterile configurations.
WHAT IS NUVADERM?
Nuvaderm is a liquid polymer that is composed of large, highly complex molecules. It contains no pharmaceutical agents. The product dries to form a thin, transparent, flexible film.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
- Nuvaderm dries to form a film that acts as a barrier to microbes, dirt, and water.
- Nuvaderm forms a flexible, elastic film which makes it ideal for use on wounds with complex geometry such as joints.
- Nuvaderm dries to a thin film that is permeable to oxygen and water vapor, creating an optimal environment for wound healing.
- Nuvaderm wears off naturally as the wound heals.
MECHANISM OF ACTION
ANTIMICROBIAL TEST RESULTS FOR NUVADERM LIQUID BANDAGE
For any questions, please contact our Customer Support Team at 877.662.0991.